Keith A. Savidge
Keith A. Savidge
Keith Savidge, one of the firm’s founders, oversees and actively participates in the litigation of Construction Disputes, Employment, Insurance, Environmental Matters, Workers Compensation, and all types of standard and novel Business Litigation. Keith has served as coordinating counsel for large mechanical contractor supervising and participating in complex litigation throughout the United States. Under Mr. Savidge’s direction, Sears Holding Corporation (Sears/Kmart) has designated SSEG as its “Go To” counsel for employment law in Ohio. Keith has also served as counsel to corporation in litigation with investment bankers regarding warrant option rights saving the client several million dollars on the call price. Additionally, Keith has served as counsel to a municipal defendant in complex Superfund litigation in the Southern District of Ohio. He has defended a large retailer in premises liability actions; defended manufactures and suppliers in product liability matters; defended employers and manufacturers in Workers’ Compensation and tort claims; defended employers in employment litigation in court or before state and federal agencies.
Mr. Savidge obtained a B.A. degree from Western Reserve University. He received his J.D. degree (Cum Laude) from the Cleveland State University John Marshall College of Law. Mr. Savidge was commissioned Second Lieutenant, FA in the United States Army Reserve. He was a member of the Ohio Army National Guard from 1969 to 1996 retiring with the rank of Colonel. His last duty assignments were as State Judge Advocate for the Ohio Army National Guard and as assistant to the National Guard Bureau JA in the Pentagon. Mr. Savidge is a member of the American Bar Association, Ohio State Bar Association, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Defense Research Institute, and the Delta Theta Law Fraternity. Mr. Savidge is also designated an “Ohio Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers magazine, in the area of civil litigation defense. He is an former avid sailor and life-long equestrian.
- B.A., Western Reserve University
- J.D., cum laude, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- State of Ohio
- State of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Military Review
- Ohio Army National Guard (1969 – 1996) Colonel, retired
- Former State Judge Advocate for the Ohio Army National Guard
- Former Assistant to the National Guard Bureau JA in the Pentagon
- Member, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Member, Delta Theta Law Fraternity
- Past Senior Warden, St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, Lakewood, Ohio
- Successfully defended a national engineering firm against claims of negligent design of a major hotel and office complex.
- Successfully prosecuted claim of out of state financial institution in breach of merger agreement claim against an Ohio bank.
- Successfully defended a large steel manufacturer against several million dollar impact damage claim by contractor who retrofitted mill.
- Successfully defended in arbitration disruptional delay claim brought by prime contractor against Regional Housing Authority.
- Successfully resolved claim against engineering client by hotel developer for alleged failure to discover pre-acquisition construction defects.
- Successfully resolved multi-million dollar claim by pharmaceutical manufacturer against supplier of defective raw material.
- Successfully defended bus manufacture in product liability claim by asserting economic loss doctrine.
- Obtained NLRB Regional Director decision condoning implementation of final offer in collective bargaining due to impasse.
- Successfully negotiated significant reduction in employer withdrawal liability from multi-employer pension plan.
- Won appeal in Ohio Supreme Court excluding deposition testimony of deceased asbestos Plaintiff from being used in workers compensation trial where the employer had not been a party to the proceeding where the deposition was taken. Evidence Rule
- Recently successfully defended two wrongful death actions against different retailers arising out of appliance service and delivery operations.
- Resolved CERCLA claims for alleged arranged liability in large clean-up site action pending in Federal Court in North Carolina.
- Successfully defended equipment dealer in dealer termination action brought by distributor.
- Chadwick-Baross, Inc. v. Ecoverse Industries, Ltd., 2015 WL 5778628 (USDC D. Maine, Oct. 1, 2015)
- Faeth v. Diversified Maintenance Systems, Inc., 593 Fed. Appx. 538 (6th Cir. 2015)
- Burkhart v. H.J. Heinz 140 Ohio St 3d 429, 19 N E 3d 877 (Sept 3rd, 2014)
- Aurika A. Grynko v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 2014 WL 66495 – (N.D. Ohio, 2014)
- Burkhart v. H.J. Heinz 2013-Ohio-723, 989 N.E.,2d 128 (2013)
- National Interstate Insurance Co. vs. Motor Coach Industries, 2012 WL 264577 (N.D. Ohio, 2012)
- Westmoreland v. Sutherland, 662 F.3d714 – (6th Cir., 2011)
- White v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 2011-Ohio-204 (10th Dist. 2011)
- Greta Davis vs. Kmart Corporation, 2011 WL 4730523 (N.D. Ohio Oct 7, 2011)
- AAA Installer vs. Sears Holding Corporation, 764 F.Supp.2d 931 (N.D. Ohio Oct 7, 2011)
- Dawson Insurance v. Freund, 2011 WL 1167487 (March 31, 2011)
- Murray v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 2011 WL 2196518 (N.D. Ohio June, 2010)
- Wilson v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 2009-Ohio-16 (5th Dist. 2009)
- Boyd v. Lincoln Elec. Co., 179 Ohio App.3d 559, 2008-Ohio-6143 (8th Dist. 2008)
- Allstate Ins. Co. vs. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 2007-Ohio-4977 (7th Dist. 2007)
- White v. Bay Mechanical & Electrical Corp., 2007-Ohio-1752 (9th Dist. 2007)
- White v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 2005-Ohio-5086 (10th Dist. 2005)
- Sagrilla v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 2004-Ohio-4810 (5th Dist. 2004)
- Timbers v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 2004-Ohio-3469 (8th Dist. 2004)
- Kanieski v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 2003-Ohio-421 (8th Dist. 2003)
- Cummings v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 2002-Ohio-5078 (8th Dist. 2002)
- Liadis v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 47 Fed. Appx. 295, 2002 WL 31085158 (6th Dist. 2002)
- Tatar v. Liberty Mutual Fire Insurance Company, 214 F.Supp.2d 834 (S.D. Ohio 2002)
- Atac Corp. v. Arthur Treacher’s, Inc., 280 F.3d 1091 (6th Dist. 2002)
- Boyas Excavating, Inc. v. Powerscreen of Ohio, 139 Ohio App.3d 201 (8th Dist. 2000)
- Hood v. Diamond Products, Inc. 74 Ohio St.3d 298 (1996)
- Henderson v. Gould, Inc., 96 Ohio App.3d 283 (1994)
- Sherman v. River Oaks Office Plaza, Ltd., 91 Ohio App.3d 450 (1993)
- Basicomputer Corporation v. Frank Scott, 973 F.2d 507 (6th Cir. 1992)
- United States of America v. Pretty Products, Inc., 780 F.Supp. 1488 (S.D. Ohio 1991)
- Murray v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 722 F.Supp. 1500 (N.D. Ohio 1989)
- Gilbert v. Midland-Ross Corp., 67 Ohio St. 2d 267 (1981)
- Kraus v. The Cleveland Clinic, 442 F.Supp. 310 (N.D. Ohio 1977)