Todd A. Schrader
Todd A. Schrader
Todd Schrader has been practicing law for over 20 years and joined SSEG in 2013. One of his positions prior to joining SSEG was serving as in-house counsel with a well-known suburban Cleveland, Ohio real estate developer. Todd also served as sole in-house counsel with one of the nation’s largest privately-held industrial sales and rental organizations headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio.
Mr. Schrader’s practice emphasis includes commercial, industrial, multi-family, and residential real estate matters; formation, governance, management, buy-sell matters, etc. related to corporations and limited liability companies; complex debtor-creditor and distressed asset/workout matters; counseling closely-held business entities on asset protection and business succession strategies.
Some of Todd’s successes while at SSEG include negotiating the acquisition of land for a large acreage retail complexes; facilitating the merger of two medium-size accounting firms; facilitating business succession plans with multi-generational, privately-held entities; assisting with ownership and governance changes for multiple organizations across a broad and diverse spectrum of industries; successful negotiation of workout arrangements for many organizations suffering financial or organizational distress.
Todd has also been the featured speaker to the public as well as professionals on real estate and limited liability company matters.
Todd and his family are active members of St. Colette’s Parish in Brunswick, Ohio and he is a musician when not practicing law. In his spare time, Todd enjoys golfing, hunting, reading, musical endeavors, and spending time with his wife and their two children.
- B.A., magna cum laude, Case Western Reserve University, 1993
- J.D., Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, 1996
- State of Ohio
- U.S. Tax Court
- Licensed Title Insurance Agent, State of Ohio
- Board Member, 3OH Corp.
- Board Member, Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Cleveland
- Member, Lorain County Bar Association
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Lawyer’s Guild of the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland Foundation
- Member, Westfield Bank Community Development Board
- Vice-Chair, Board of Directors for Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Cleveland (2017)
- Acquisition of portion of Shopping Center
- Acquisition/development loan for Phase II of commercial real estate project
- Assist multiple clients with acquisition/sale of commercial and residential real estate
- Assisted client in workout; removal of client from criticized asset category
- Counseled insurance agency clients on M&A matters
- Counseled clients on land use matter for large development projects
- Counseled clients in collections and mechanic’s lien matters
- Extended succession planning for owner of commercial, income producing real estate to add next generation of owners
- Negotiated JV Operating Agreement terms for various Firm clients
- Ongoing succession planning for owners in broad range of industries