Robert D. Anderle
Robert D. Anderle
Robert Anderle has been practicing law for over 27 years, the last 10 of which have been with SSEG. Rob is a Co-Managing Partner of SSEG and is involved with several of the firm’s practice groups including Insurance; Tort Defense, Product Liability and Complex Litigation; Human Resources, Labor and Employment; and Commercial and General Litigation. Rob has extensive experience representing clients in commercial and complex litigation, including class actions and mass torts, in state and federal courts throughout the country. His practice focuses on counseling and representing clients in such areas as insurance coverage, business torts, products liability, contract and employment matters. Rob has served as national coordinating defense counsel on mass tort and product liability cases pending in State and Federal courts.
Rob is an AV rated lawyer, and received his B.A. Degree from Miami University in 1987, and his J.D., magna cum laude, from Case Western University in 1990. He also served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Joseph F. Weis Jr., United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Rob has been recognized by Super Lawyers and Top Lawyers. In addition, he was recognized as Lawyer of the Year, in the field of Insurance, by Corporate Counsel, 2014.
Rob is a Member of the Insurance Coverage Committee of the Torts and Insurance Practice Section of the American Bar Association, a member of the Defense Research Institute, and a member of the Claims & Litigation Management Alliance. He also was a contributing author of “The ERISA Survey of Federal Circuits 2013,” which was most recently updated as “The ERISA Survey of Federal Circuits 2016”.
Rob enjoys being involved in the legal and greater Cleveland community. He has served as a trustee and as Vice President of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, as a trustee of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Foundation, and as a trustee on the Case Western Reserve School of Law Alumni Board. Rob also has been named volunteer of the year by the Northeast Ohio Coalition for the Homeless, and received the Justice For All Award from the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association recognizing volunteer service.
- B.A., Miami University, 1987
- J.D., magna cum laude, Case Western Reserve University, 1990
- State of Ohio
- State of Pennsylvania (inactive)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- Member, Environmental and Emerging Claim Management Association
- Past Trustee, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Air & Liquid Systems Corporation; AMPCO-Pittsburgh Corporation v. Allianz Underwriters Insurance Company, et al.
Case No. 2:11-cv-00247-JFC, US District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Bondex International, Inc. v. Hartford Accid. & Indemn. Co., et al.
Case No. 1:03 CV 1322, US District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- Givaudan Flavors Corporation v. Federal Insurance Company, et al.
Case No. 1:08CV104, US District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Givaudan Suisse SA v. XL Versicherungen Schweiz AG, Chartis Europe p.A. (formerly AIG Europe), Axa Corporate Solutions and Chubb Insurance Company of Europe SE
Docket No. HG090185, Commercial Court of the Canton of Zurich
- Goodrich Corporation v. A.G. Securitas, et al.
- Case No. 2008 08 5457, Court of Common Pleas, Summit County, Ohio
- In re: Heparin Products Liability Litigation
Case No. 1:08-hc-60000-JGC; US District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Local 17 International Association of Bridge & Iron Workers Insurance Fund, et al. v. Philip Morris, Inc., et al
97cv1422, US District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Medefil, Inc., et al. v. Scientific Protein Laboratories, et al.
Case No. 13 C 4773, US District Court for the Eastern District of Illinois, Eastern Division
- Motors Liquidation Company Dip Lenders Trust V. Allianz Insurance Company, et al.
No. N11C-12-022-PRW [CCLD], In The Superior Court of the State of Delaware, In and For New Castle County
- MW Custom Papers, LLC v. Allstate Insurance Co., et al.
Case No. 2012-cv-03228, Court of Common Pleas, Montgomery County, Ohio
- Progressive Specialty Insurance Company v. Federal Insurance Company
Case No. 14CV004034, Court of Common Pleas, Franklin County, Ohio
- Publications: Contributing Author of, The ERISA Survey of Federal Circuits 2013