Gregory D. Seeley
Gregory D. Seeley
A firm founder, Gregory Seeley heads up SSEG’s Business, Transactional, Securities and Corporate Practice Group. Before he started his private practice in 1973, Gregory served with the Ohio Division of Securities, the Department of Commerce and using that experience, has been instrumental in an array of private placements, financing structures and mergers and acquisitions.
In addition to the corporate practice, Gregory leads the firm’s Professional Practices, Health and Wellness Practice Groups. He has served as counsel for health industry groups including medical providers, nursing homes, home-care providers, medical laboratories, as well as insurance and managed companies, including third-party administrators, utilization/review entities, credentialing groups, wellness companies and health technology companies focused on data security, privacy and regulatory compliance.
Over the years, Gregory has been recognized as a prominent member of the profession. Recently, he was awarded a Customer Service award and has been nominated for the E&Y Entrepreneur award.
Greg is married to Claudia, they have two children Matt and Melissa, and six grandchildren, Haley, Ben, Jack, Aidan, Kate and Annabelle.
- B.A., Kenyon College, 1969
- J.D., American University, Washington College of Law, 1972
- State of Ohio
- State of Pennsylvania (inactive)
- State of Wisconsin (inactive)
- Advisory Board, Bravo Wellness, LLC
- Member of 2017 St. Jude’s Advisory Committee for Dream Home funding
- Current member of Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Ohio State Bar Association, American Bar Association, American Health Lawyer Association and PIABA.
- Past Member, Corporate Law Section of the Ohio Bar Association
- Past Trustee, The Psychobiology Clinic of Greater Cleveland
- Past Member, Westlake Education Foundation
- Past Member, 2010 Westlake Charter Review Commission
- Member, Advisory Committee for the Enforcement Section at the Ohio Division of Securities
- Preparation of Private Placement Memorandum for R&D Venture, Retail products development and sale in the Wellness space
- Acquisition of medical billing companies
- Assist clients in obtaining funds for capital expenditures
- Counseled and prepared for corporate issues, as client services contracts, vendor/supplier compensation plans, stock plans, employment agreements
- Counseled clients in collections and mechanic’s lien matters
- Negotiated shareholder/member buyouts
- Ongoing succession planning for owners in broad range of industries
- Sale of Company with multiple state service centers
- Acquisition of Tooling company
- Capital raise from Private Equity for Expansion
- Note offering infrastructure
- Assist in completion of financing for new shareholders
- Counseling clients on regulatory requirements