The lawyers of SSEG’s Regulated Products practice group are uniquely equipped to represent clients in a wide range of regulated industries, including alcohol law and legal medical cannabis law.
SSEG’s attorneys provide knowledgeable and goal-oriented advice to help businesses and entrepreneurs operating or seeking to operate in regulated industries. We help our clients comply with the regulatory structures at the federal, state and local levels, and utilize the experience of our cross-disciplinary team to assist with other legal issues our clients face.
In addition, the attorneys in the Regulated Products practice group have built relationships among state and local lawmakers so that our clients know we can stay ahead of the curve in these ever-changing markets.
SSEG is the leading Ohio law firm regarding legal cannabis. There is perhaps no other industry that garners such intense scrutiny from state regulators and federal authorities, and for this reason it is imperative to have qualified legal counsel to assist with navigating the complex regulatory environment associated with the cultivation, processing, dispensing, and marketing of legal medical cannabis. Our cannabis law attorneys are not only equipped to advise companies operating in the legal medical cannabis industry, but the lawyers of the firm’s Regulated Products group also advise non-cannabis clients on the impact of Ohio’s legal medical cannabis industry.
Some of the services that SSEG provides include:
- Licensure for medical cannabis cultivators, processors, testing laboratories, and dispensaries;
- Formation and corporate governance of legal cannabis businesses;
- Compliance with Ohio cannabis regulations;
- Medical cannabis product labeling and packaging requirements;
- Intellectual property and licensing agreements for medical cannabis products;
- Banking and financial issues for medical cannabis businesses;
- Zoning and municipal law for cannabis businesses;
- Purchase and lease of real estate;
- Corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, fundraising, and investment matters;
- Physician representation relating to the recommendation of medical cannabis;
- Defense against actions brought either by regulators or law enforcement;
- Insurance coverage issues involving legal medical cannabis businesses;
- Representation of municipalities regarding local cannabis ordinances and zoning; and
- Employment and human resources services for businesses employing medical cannabis patients.
SSEG and its attorneys are active in the legal cannabis industry and involved in the formation of cannabis public policy. The firm and its members belong to the following cannabis industry organizations:
- National Cannabis Bar Association
- National Cannabis Industry Association
- Ohio Cannabis Chamber of Commerce
- NORML Legal Committee
SSEG represents restaurants, bars, distilleries, hotels, distributors, breweries, cabarets, and other businesses regarding compliance with Ohio liquor and alcohol permitting requirements. Our lawyers regularly assist clients with obtaining liquor permits from other entities or directly from the State of Ohio Division of Liquor Control. SSEG also represents permit holders in enforcement matters before the Ohio Liquor Control Commission.
Let us know how we can help you with your legal needs regarding regulate products including cannabis law and liquor law. Call us today at (216) 566-8200 or use this online contact form to setup an initial consultation.
SSEG attorneys provide services in these areas:
- Formation and corporate governance
- Product labeling and packaging requirements
- Intellectual property and licensing agreements
- Banking and financial issues
- Zoning and municipal law
- Purchase and lease of real estate
- Corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, fundraising, and investment matters
- Physician representation
- Defense against actions brought either by regulators or law enforcement
- Insurance coverage issues
- Representation of municipalities
- Employment and human resources services